Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Updates

I haven't posted in a while, so here's an update on how things are going.

Rift Prime

There's a fair amount of hype and nostalgia going around for Rift Prime. I decided to give it a whirl and downloaded the Glyph launcher again.

Unfortunately Trion's website won't let me add my credit card as a payment method for some reason. It just stalls with no errors or response. So that's the end of that plan.

World of Warcraft

My guild has cleaned up our act on Coven, even one-shotting it a week ago. Unfortunately, this has also been accompanied by serious regression on Aggrammar in the last two weeks. We've been wiping much more than we did on our first two kills, making it very hard to actually get attempts in on Argus.

We did finally get a chance to make three or four serious attempts on Argus last raid. We even had a 1% wipe.  We just have to clean up that last phase and reliably get the Titanforging buff early.  Hopefully Coven and Aggrammar will go well next week, and give us enough time to down Argus.

I also got the Lightbringer title from Argus (the zone) last week. For some reason, I could not get the hang of the goblin glider, as this was the first time I've really used it. Normally I just bubble when I need to fall a long distance. I fell off the edges of Argus and died numerous times while trying to get the hidden treasures. I finally got them all, and got a nice title for my paladin.

4 comments:

  1. If you had 2,400 gems on your account in Rift, you could use that to get 30 days of Patron play time, which would get you into Prime.

    Sadly, you are not the first person I've heard from who had problems with Trion's billing system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have any gems on my Rift account. I quit long before it went free-to-play.

      Delete
  2. My pc wouldn’t play Rift when it came out, everything was a tangle of green. I didn’t try again till it went free to play, and I had a better pc. No nostalgia here for the game that was.
    I have become a huge fan of the Goblin Glider. It is so useful in Suramar City. I even used one last night to jump from Valisdal to the Maw of Souls entrance. There’s a leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really nostalgia so much as I want to play a different MMO, and Rift Prime seems to be what everyone is trying these days.

      As for the glider, that's a pretty impressive flight. I tend to just fly places or use the whistle.

      Delete